Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wasted Sunday...

It has been quite a while since my last blog post and I have been missing it dearly!  I have been caught up in my school work and trying to keep up with everything going on around the house, but tonight I felt the strong urge to speak again!  


Tonight there is something that I would like to rant about specifically...Why is it that when a day comes to honor us, our significant others decide to call it "just another day?"  You all know that Mother's Day was a couple of days ago and I had high hopes for my hunny but evidently this was not the year for him to change his view about the importance of this day.


It hurts my feelings when he says that Mother's Day and Father's Day are nothing more than ordinary days with extraordinary titles.  How can you think that?  I mean, this is the one day in the year that we honor the people who have had a big impact on our lives.  I gave birth to your child and yet you still don't understand why I should have ONE day off?  Yes, he cooked me breakfast, I will give him that, but the rest of the day it was like I didn't exist.  It hurt.  Alot.


The past couple of Mother's Days have been extremely hard since I no longer have the ability to spend it with my own mom.  I should have felt a certain contentment on this special day, but instead I felt unloved, under appreciated, and completely alone. No mother should feel this way on the one day when they should be honored for everything they do.  It's not right and it's definitely not okay.


I was so upset that I had decided to just not do anything special for him for Father's Day, but when I stopped to think about it, I couldn't do that to him.  He is the father of my daughter and I love him with all of my heart.  I want him to know how much he means to me, even if he doesn't feel the need to make me feel the same way.  Maybe one day he will understand how he makes me feel but until then, all I can do is just sit back and hope that he removes his head from his butt soon...cause I don't think I can keep living this way.  I deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment